Oaks Park – Portland, Oregon
Tucked away in Southeast Portland near the Sellwood Bridge is Oaks Amusement Park, one of the oldest continuously operated amusement parks in the United States. A modest operation, the park currently includes about two dozen rides that operate seasonally, a skating rink that is open year-’round, and picnic grounds. The Oaks has been a part of the lives of many Portlanders and other Oregonians for nearly a hundred years, and many people hold fond memories of it.
Family rides include:
- The Rockin Tug – Set sail for adventure on the latest innovative family ride from the creative minds at Zamperla. Combining a unique combination of rocking and whirling motions, The Rockin Tug is an adventure for the entire family.
- Up Up and Away – Experience the thrill of a hot air balloon ride. Spin to the top of the fifty-foot tower and enjoy beautiful views of the city and Oaks Bottom.
- The Herschell-Spillman Carrousel – The heart beat of historic Oaks Park. A 1912 American carved piece of folk art. Not to be missed on your visit to the park.
- Ferris Wheel – A big hit with traditional carnival fun seekers.
- The Frog Hopper – Share pint size thrills with your little ones. Its a hip-hop way to ride!
- Go Carts – Test your driving skills while racing around our exciting mini racing track. Go-Carts Rule!
- The Train – Need a vacation from the noise of the midway. We have just the ticket. Take a scenic tour of Oaks Park along the waterfront and back. Everyone loves this train and has for 96 years.
- The Zoooom Coaster – A perfect alternative for the Looping Thunder. The right size thrill for all of our family guest.
- Bumper Cars – One of the most popular attractions in the park. Chase your friends around the scooter building in these antique bumper cars.
Oaks Park also has a nice selection of thrill rides including:
- The Disk’O from Zamperla – combines a breathtaking dual rocking/spinning motion with a new seating style. It’s unlike anything you have ever ridden, as it positions riders on a motorcycle-like pedestal seat facing outward.
- The Looping Thunder Roller Coaster 360 degrees of thrills, chills and terror as this ride turns, twist and loops you around the track. A great ride for the strong at heart.
- The Scream-N-Eagle – It’s just too scary to talk about. You will have to see it yourself. But just imagine 5.1 g’s of force against your body!!!!
Oaks Park also includes a Miniature Golf Course.
Visit their website: http://www.oakspark.com/
The post Oaks Park – Portland, Oregon appeared first on I-5 Exit Guide.
From: I-5 Attractions