Seaworld – San Antonio, Texas
SeaWorld San Antonio is a 250-acre marine mammal park, oceanarium, and animal theme park, located in the Westover Hills district of San Antonio, Texas. It is the largest of the three parks in the SeaWorld chain, and the world’s largest marine-life theme park.
SeaWorld also has plenty of thrill rides. The Great White is the park’s first roller coaster, and reached a height of 108 feet and a top speed of 50 mph. Steel Eel is advertised as “the first and only hypercoaster in Texas,” it reaches speeds close to 70 mph. Journey to Atlantis is the first ride of its kind in North America. Rio Loco is a river rapids ride.
Sesame Street Bay of Play is for the younger set, with interactive play areas, and the Shamu Express kiddie coaster.
If you’re looking for entertainment, SeaWorld has shows and exhibits that will fill your schedule. Here’s a partial list:
- One Ocean (Shamu Stadium): A new show featuring interaction with whale trainers at the park’s Shamu Theater.
- The Cannery Row Caper (Seal and Sea Lion Stadium): A comical “Who done it?” featuring sea lions Clyde and Seamore, who attempt to unravel the mystery of disappearing fish in a nearby cannery.
- Cool Vibrations (Ski Stadium): A live-action boat and water-skiing stunt show that runs throughout the park’s summer months.
- Azul, Lure of the Sea (Beluga Stadium): This show features professional high divers, aerialists, and synchronized swimmers performing with Pacific white-sided dolphins and beluga whales.
- Lights, Camera, Imagination! 4-D (SeaStar Theatre): Combines the latest 4-D special effects technology with multi-sensory theater effects.
- Aviary Habitats: Guests can view a variety of birds from pink flamingo, ducks and geese, among other birds from throughout the Americas.
- Animal Connection Conservation Center: Get close to various types of animals along with Animal Ambassadors.
- Dolphin Cove: The popular Atlantic bottlenose dolphins are on exhibit here. SeaWorld staff educates the public on their behaviors and lifestyle.
- Penguin Encounter: Visitors step into the Antarctic wilderness on a moving walkway and view over 200 penguins in a variety of species.
- Seal & Sea Lion Community: a variety of seals, sea lions, walruses and otters can be found here.
- Sharks/The Coral Reef: Guests can view some of the world’s most exotic and fiercest sea creatures.
- Alligator Alley: American alligators lounging around Ski Lake.
- Flamingo Cove: Visitors can stop by and see flamingos by Shamu Stadium.
The brand new Aquatica San Antonio Waterpark recently opened. Experience the waterpark only SeaWorld could create, with 42,000 square feet of beaches, up-close stingray encounters, and a family raft ride that’s a first of its kind in North America!
The post Seaworld – San Antonio, Texas appeared first on I-10 Exit Guide.
From: I-10 Attractions